Monday, March 21, 2011

Road Trip to Cincinnati

It has just been such a busy couple of weeks with dental and doctor appointments for myself...not Zoe.  She's tolerated me not feeling well and finally getting my life back to normal and getting to go out for our usual evening walk in the rain or snow.

Welcome Spring!

We decided to take a trip to Cincinnati, OH to see my husband's favorite guitar player in concert and then the next day I convinced him to take me to see the Newport, KY Aquarium.  While Zoe stayed with her friends back home for the weekend.

There was a 5K run the morning of the Aquarium visit and ALL the roads leading to parking for the Aquarium were closed.  So, we had to make our way around the city numerous times down one way streets to find a place to park fairly close to our destination as it was pouring rain.  We did get to see the World Peace Bell, which is pretty cool.  The bell is just sitting under a plexiglass covering and isn't marked so you don't have a clue why it's there.


While making our way through the neighborhood we found this establishment and as you all know I just had to hang out of the car window and take a picture.     


Zoe had a great weekend with her doggie friends back home and I picked her up later in the evening.  She loves riding in the car, and usually lays down in the seat when we're on short trips; otherwise she's in the back of the van in her crate.





Zoe's obedience class starts up again next week so we'll be working on getting prepared...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment