Tuesday, November 30, 2010

SENSE-ible Dog Harness

Zoe's teacher asked me to try out a different harness for her when we were at puppy class last week.  She had one in stock so I thought we would try it out.  The concept is that you have more control over the dog if they are pulling when walking as the leash is hooked into the front of the harness (leash hooks into the O ring in front) instead of over the back.  But, the problem I had was that it allows your playful pup to grab the leash in the front and chew on it.  Or, decide that the leash is a tug toy and now it's time to play.    





In my opinion, this particular style appears to be too thin for Zoe as this is the 1/2" webbing and I think she would be better suited to the 1" size webbing. Also, this harness has the closing clasp that hooks underneath the dog so you have to be very careful not to pinch any of the pups' flesh/fur or possibly your own finger while you are clipping it together. 
We're heading off to puppy class tonight to get a better idea as to how this fits.  

1 comment:

  1. Harness problems huh?! I don't know if I like the idea of of the leash in front?! Hopefully the trainer will help you out. Our problem is that Ozzie is so big that its hard to get a proper fitting harness. He probably needs an extender!

    ReplyDelete